The Whale Bay Group
The Whale Bay Group (www.whalebayco.com) creates value within the life sciences
and healthcare sector at the intersection of technology, strategy, and finance. One of
our core principles is to create value for all stakeholders and society in general by
taking bold actions based on thorough strategic analysis, experience, and creativity.
These actions typically materialize through the orchestration of financing or licensing
transactions that allow further development and growth for our clients. Due to our
continued growth, we’re looking for a (senior) associate that shares our passion for
life sciences, finance and excellence. We have offices in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
and Basel, Switzerland.
We offer you a position that comes with a high level of responsibility in executing
financing and licensing transactions. You will be part of our core deal team and will
be responsible for the thorough analysis, preparation, and execution of deals.
Depending on your experience, you are managing communications with clients and
other stakeholders directly. When solidly embedded in our group you will be training
and mentoring analysts but also have the opportunity to develop yourself personally
and professionally. A steep development curve and associated benefits are there for
you to realize.
Who you are
Excellent academic background combined with a balanced personality and gifted
with a curious and analytical mind.
Some characteristics of your background and profile:
- Completed Master’s degree in Business Economics, or related
- Affinity with the Life Science & Healthcare Industry
- At least three years of relevant M&A and/or Corporate Finance experience
working for an investment bank, Big-4 firm, (venture) investment firm, or
reputable corporate finance boutique
- Strong technical skills (e.g. financial analysis and modeling)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and open appearance
- Independent yet team-orientated working style
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Flexibility, resilience, ambition, sensitivity, and humor
- Excellent English language skills; Dutch & German language skills are a plus.
We look for high caliber people that are looking to make an impact, grow themselves
and our firm along with it. Besides relevant work experience, we value a can-do
mindset with distinctive personal qualities and broad interests.
What we offer
Besides a dynamic work environment, the Whale Bay Group offers room for steep
personal and professional growth. We operate with short and direct communication
lines that allow for personal initiative and a high level of responsibility. The
remuneration package is excellent. The job location will be in Rotterdam.
Apply for the position
If you believe you ready for a challenge in a fast-paced working environment in the
middle of dealmaking within the thriving life sciences industry and are excited by the
opportunity to contribute to the success of healthcare innovations that make an
impact on patient’s lives globally, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your full application documentation at firstname.lastname@example.org